Ingredients for making burrata salad with confit cherry tomatoes
500 g cherry tomatoes
2 thyme sprigs
2 basil sprigs
Pinch of salt
½ head of unpeeled garlic
200-250 ml Extra virgin olive oil Treurer
30 g of olive oil from the confit
10 g wine or balsamic vinegar
Some fresh basil leaves
10-15 g pine nuts
100-250 g of arugula (add more if you wish)
Instructions for preparing burrata salad with confit cherry tomatoes
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a small saucepan. Add the thyme sprigs, basil, garlic and Treurer’s extra virgin olive oil to cover half the tomatoes height. Put everything on heat. When it’s hot, cover saucepan and lower the temperature almost to the minimum so that they cook at about 70ºC for 1 hour. Once finished, turn off the heat and let them cool aside.
- Remove the confit cherry tomatoes and add the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Reserve.
- Heat a frying pan without oil. When it’s hot, add the pine nuts, toast them for a couple of minutes and reserve.
- Put the arugula with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the blended reduction from the confit tomato in a bowl. Add vinegar and salt to taste and mix everything well.
- On top of the arugula add the confited tomatoes, the burrata, extra basil leaves and the toasted pine nuts.