Ingredients for making chickpea salad with cod
240 g raw chickpeas (or 600 g cooked chickpeas)
400 g of red, yellow and green pepper
200 g carrot
600 g tomato
560 g cod
2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil Treurer
Vinegar (or lemon juice) to taste
Instructions for preparing chickpea salad with cod
- The night before, soak the chickpeas in water and let them for 12 hours. Then cook them with water and salt. Skip this step by using cooked chickpeas instead.
- Cut all the peppers, the carrot and the tomatos into small pieces, put them in a bowl and add the chickpeas. Season with Treurer’s extra virgin olive oil, salt and vinegar (or lemon).
- Grill the cod with Treurer’s extra virgin olive oil.
- Frist, let it cook well over medium heat on one side. Then turn it to cook the other side. Just at the end, raise the heat to brown it.
- Place the cod on top of the salad or crumble it and mix it all together. Then serve.