Ingredients for making cod esqueixada
700 g salted cod
100 g black olives
300 g tomato
200 ml olive oil
Ground black pepper to taste
Instructions for preparing cod esqueixada
- Cut your salted cod into strips. Let these cod strips soak in cold water for about 40 minutes. Change the water every 10 minutes.
- Take the cod strips out and remove the water they have absorbed by pressing them with your hands.
- Finely chop the onion and mix it in a bowl with peeled and diced tomatoes. Add the black olives and follow with the sliced cod. Mix everything well.
- Dress with pepper and Treurer’s extra virgin olive oil. There’s no need for salt since the cod is already salted.
- Leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Serve cold.
Treurer's extra virgin olive oil is a balanced product, carefully produced on a small estate in Mallorca. Cold extracted and bottled on demand so it preserves all its qualities intact when it arrives at your home.