Ingredients for making homemade muffins2 medium eggs 200 g flour 180 g sugar 130 ml Arbequina extra virgin olive oil 130 ml whole milk 16 g baking powder ½ lemon zest (optional) 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) Chocolate chips (optional)
Instructions for preparing homemade muffins
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar for five minutes.
- Add the milk and Treurer’s extra virgin olive oil and mix it for a few seconds until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and ground cinnamon.
- Mix it for a few more seconds until everything is well incorporated.
- Keep the dough in the fridge at least for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C. Divide the dough into your muffin tray or moldes. Add if you want chocolate chips on top and a sprinkle of white sugar to get a crunchy crust.
- Bake and lower the oven temperature to 210 ° C until golden brown (about 10 minutes).